Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summer Reading 2015 Max the Brave

22712981

Fans of cool cats like Skippyjon Jones and Pete the Cat and stories of quests and misdirection like I Want My Hat Back and This Is Not My Hat will have a new hero after reading Max the Brave. Max is a kitten who does not enjoy being dressed in bows, but he does chase mice. Or he would if he only knew what they looked like. In a manner familiar to those of us who grew up with Are You My Mother? Max begins his search for a mouse to chase. He finds a fly, a fish, birds, even an elephant. Finally, a small, furry "monster" with a long tail and big ears points out a sleeping mouse to him. The mouse is very large, much bigger than Max expected. He is also green, has very big teeth, horns on his head, and ears a lot like Shrek's. Hmmmmm, maybe someone hasn't been completely honest with Max. 

Kids and adults alike will love the deceptively simple illustrations and the charmingly funny story. I predict this will get repeated requests for read-alouds. You can check out the book's trailer for a preview of all the fun.

I read an e-book provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment