Monday, November 7, 2016

Summer Reading 2016 I Survived the Eruption of Mount St.Helens, 1980

I am very excited that Lauren Tarshis has written an I Survived book with a female lead character. Here is some information she has sent out for fans and readers.

I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14) by [Tarshis, Lauren]
Dear Reader,
Several years ago, I decided to write a few books that I thought my three sons, who were reluctant readers, would really like. I thought of the title I Survived, and initially imagined it would be a series of four books featuring a young person going through disasters from history. I can hardly fathom that six years have gone by and we are about to publish the 15th book in the I Survived series!
The Mount St. Helens story is a fascinating one to me because even though there were warning signs and thousands of earthquakes (yes, thousands) in the days leading up to the disastrous event, the eruption was a true surprise, even to scientists! Most scientists had thought there would be some dramatic warning before it exploded. But that warning never came. One minute the mountain was peaceful, and the next it erupted with the force of a one-megaton nuclear bomb. I placed my main character, 11-year-old Jess Marlowe in the middle of all of that chaos.
Like every book in the series, I learned so much by writing I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980. I hope you do too!
Thanks for reading,
Lauren Tarshis

No comments:

Post a Comment