Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall Reading 2013 Always by My Side

This book by Susan Kerner is about the ways a father can be a part of a child, even when he is not present in their life. I am not a big fan of "mushy" books, so this did not appeal to me. However, I can see that it would be reassuring to a child whose father is not around - and that is the intended audience. The text and illustrations show children from different backgrounds in different settings. Sometimes there is a mother or grandparent with them, other times there are no adults in the scene. The father is never shown, emphasizing the fact that he is not part of the child's daily life in a physical sense. It reminds me of the Lonestar song, "I'm Already There" in its sentimental tone.

I read an e-book provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment