Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall Reading 2013 Masks, Volume 1

I enjoy comics, graphic novels, and manga, so this format was appealing to me. I also like the classic heroes such as the Shadow, the Green Hornet and Kato, and Zorro. Seeing them fight along with several other vigilante/hero types was an entertaining mix. I began to suspect who the mysterious master villain was from something one of the characters said, but it was fun to read along and see that I was right. The fighting and speaking style of each hero was kept true to their original appearances in various media over the years. Altogether, this was a fast-paced and action-packed adventure that captured the feel of the original pulp fiction these characters sprang from. There is also an abundance of bonus material including various covers, character sketches in black and white or color, and a written script for the book.  The writer is Chris Roberson and the artists are Alex Ross and Dennis Calero. 

I would recommend this for older readers due to some of the language (swearing) used by various characters and the publisher has rated it Teen+. I read an e-book provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment