Sunday, January 17, 2021

Winter Reading 2021 Enjoy the View (Moose Springs, Alaska #3)


I may have mentioned this before, but those folks at Sourcebooks are sneaky. I love them, but it's true. They send out these beautiful emails about discounts on special titles and I always wind up buying at least one of the books. Then I like it so much that I have to buy the rest of the series. See? Sneaky. And that's what happened this time. I loved the description of the first book, The Tourist Attraction, so I bought it. Then I needed the second, Mistletoe and Mr. Right, and the short story "A Christmas Bun for Ulysses." When I heard the third book was coming soon, I went searching for an ARC because I couldn't wait to read it and talk about it.

Enjoy the View brings readers back to the town of Moose Springs, Alaska and all the characters we already love - Graham (grouchy owner of The Tourist Trap restaurant), Zoey (Graham's fiancée and tour guide at the town's resort), Ash (tough helicopter pilot and card player), Lana (socialite and property developer), and Easton (mountain guide with not much to say). Let's not forget Jake, the blind border collie; he makes an appearance in a tailored suit complete with pocket square. Squee!

The view in this case refers to the panorama climbers on Mt. Veil can see as they work their way toward the summit of the mountain. And Easton has been hired to guide a film crew so that they can make a documentary of the area. Hollywood star River Lane is making her directorial debut with this film and is determined to succeed, but she and Easton also have a mutual attraction that is distracting them both. As River thinks, "The tension between them wasn't thick enough to cut with a knife...it was melted chocolate. Warm and gooey and impossible to get off her skin." Of course Easton has his own thoughts on the matter. "River looked so sweet and innocent and completely capable of not causing utter chaos in his life...He'd believe that when he saw it."

Between everyone in town doing their best to run the film crew off because the residents don't like tourists, the dangers of the mountain crevasses, and the fact that River's career is in Hollywood but Easton's is in Alaska...readers will be anxiously waiting to see how it will all play out. (And when Jake will show up in that totes adorbs suit.) Rom-coms are not my first choice of genre, but these books make me laugh so hard at times that I can't see to keep reading and have to put the book down and catch my breath. Perfect reading material for your next snow day cuddled up on the couch.

I read an advance review copy provided by the publisher. Release date is set for January 19th. 

P.S. Sweet folks at Sourcebooks - when can we expect another one? We still need to find somebody special for Ash. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment