Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Reading 2014 Zombie Halloween (Goosebumps Most Wanted Special Edition #1)

18938108


I need to ask you, if you ran to your mother and told her that zombies were in you basement would she: a) tell you that the joke was not funny, b) say that you have been watching too many horror movies and violent video games, or c) very calmly say, "I know...the real estate agent warned me," well? Unfortunately for Mario Manzetti, the answer is C. His mother took the house because it as all she could afford and didn't warn her sons, which is where all the problems began...back in 1944. Now it is the present day and Mario is a grandfather. His son's family has moved into the family house with him and his grandson Kenny's favorite video game is "The Walking Zombies." Little does Kenny realize, there may be more zombies in the world than just the ones on his TV screen. I'll leave the rest to your imagination, or to the author's imagination, that is. Zombie Halloween is sure to be another best seller for the master of fright.

I must confess, Goosebumps were not around when I was a kid (although my younger brother and sister both read them). However, I know how incredibly popular they are with my students. So when I saw that a new book was coming soon, I wanted to check it out (a little library humor there). The fact that zombies were the main monsters of the story was also a reason to read it. I love books like World War Z and Rot and Ruin, and I was curious how Stine would approach the subject. He manages to make it scary without being over the top in the gore department.

I read an e-book provided by the publisher through NetGalley. It will be released in stores on June 24, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment